Thank you for your interest in applying to the NLN's Center of Excellence (COE) program. For the most complete and update information on the application process, please download the COE handbook.
The 2021 Centers of Excellence application process is now open.
- Please complete an "Intent to Apply" online application by clicking here.
- You can read about the intent to apply application in the 2021 COE Handbook.
- Click to download the Intent to Apply (PDF) to view the questions in the online application.
- Note: The initial application fee is $250, the final application fee varies. Please see the handbook for details.
- If you would like to process a credit card payment please CLICK HERE.
Recognition by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education distinguishes those schools and healthcare organizations that demonstrate sustained, evidence-based, and substantive innovation in a selected area; conduct ongoing research to document the effectiveness of such innovation; set high standards for themselves; and are committed to continuous quality improvement. This recognition indicates a commitment as a whole to pursue and sustain excellence.
|Application of intent to pursue designation and filing fee due. |
|COE adviser visits |
|Final application and fee due |
May - June
| COE Review Panel reviews applications |
June - July
|All applicants notified |
|Recipients announced at the NLN Education Summit |
|$250 for application of intent. |
| Variable - arrangements made by applicant and consultant |
Final Application Fee