Submission Deadline: January 10, 2021
Nursing Education Perspectives is planning a special issue about Research on the Nursing Education Workforce for the September/October 2021 issue. The guest editors are Lynne Lewallen, PhD, RN, CNE, ANEF and Elizabeth Van Horn, PhD, RN, CNE. Dr. Lewallen, a member of the NEP Editorial Board, is associate dean for academic affairs and a professor at the University of North Carolina Greensboro School of Nursing and Dr. Van Horn is an associate professor and faculty excellence coordinator at the University of North Carolina Greensboro School of Nursing.
We are seeking nursing education research studies focused on issues surrounding the nursing education workforce.
Suggestions include research on:
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty workforce
- Issues surrounding civility in the nursing education workplace
- Factors related to job satisfaction in faculty
- Barriers to a leadership role in nursing education
- Issues in transitioning from clinical practice to academia
- Orientation and mentoring of new faculty
- Preparing the future faculty workforce
- Mentoring nursing faculty
- Developing nursing education leaders
We are also seeking pilot studies for the journal’s Research Briefs section, and innovative pedagogical strategies in the Innovation Center that fit this call.
Please review our Author Guidelines and submit your manuscript no later than January 10, 2021.
Be sure to note in the MANUSCRIPT COMMENT box that your submission is intended for this special September/October 2021 issue.
All manuscripts must be submitted online via Editorial Manager.
Please email email@example.com for any queries about submitting a manuscript.