Applications for the Edmund J. Y. Pajarillo Scholarship will be accepted starting in 2022.
With a focus on informatics and innovation in the use of data analysis and health information technology, the Edmund J.Y. Pajarillo scholarship opens a new avenue of scholarship to support the National League for Nursing and its members. Multiple real-world applications of these research studies are urgently needed. Potential outcomes include:
- Helping identify populations beset by chronic illnesses and facilitating their access to primary and preventative care
- Improving the privacy of and access to telehealth services from primary care providers for homebound individuals
- Developing point-of-care apps for nurses and other providers to access health data and resources
- Finding ways to increase integration of technology into live and online learning environments
- Spurring the development of novel roles envisioned for nurses and nurse educators
Applications to the Pajarillo Scholarship in the 2022 funding cycle will be considered in three broad categories:
- Projects that conceptualize and translate nursing informatics concepts and theories into new applications and systems to facilitate nursing education, practice, and science.
- Projects that establish, expand, and influence future nurses’ roles to further optimize and expand their marketability and professional demand.
- Projects that create nursing educational technology to foster and enhance high impact practice (HIP) learning.
- Applicants must be enrolled in accredited graduate level programs, having completed at least one year of study towards their degree.
- The NLN Foundation will give special consideration to nurses of color and members of other underserved populations interested in transitioning from practice to full-time teaching.
- The application process is open to the public, but preference will be given to NLN members.
Each proposal must include the below content areas. Carefully review this 2021 NLN Foundation Scholarship Review Rubric. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Introduction: Describe your need for support and clarity of purpose.
- Description of your Program of Study (i.e. dissertation, capstone, scholarly project, pilot project; quality project; change initiative).
- Include specific outline, timeline and projected graduation date. If you have competed a dissertation proposal defense or had a DNP project approved, please include defense date. If project has been IRB approved, indicate.
- Describe how your study links to NLN’s mission statement and core values.
- Describe your goals as a nurse educator.
- 2 Letters of recommendation (addressed to the NLN Foundation).
- Budget Narrative: Be sure that each line item on the budget is clearly justified.
- Biosketch Form (also available on Survey Monkey Apply)
A scholarship of up to $2,500 will be offered annually to support an applicant enrolled in an accredited graduate level program focusing on health informatics and innovation in research in nursing education.
Online Submission System
NOTE: If you have questions related to the application process, please contact Michelle Teng at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.