This program is designed for executive leaders in nursing education and practice who have held their positions for six or more years and who want to re-energize and reframe how they think about leadership and themselves as leaders. Participants can become champions for change, harness their authentic leadership, and design and implement strategies to innovate and meet the demands of nursing education and health care.
In this year-long program, a cohort of highly experienced executive leaders in education and practice (e.g. deans/directors, nursing administration) will examine the politics of organizations; explore the "system in the mind' and its relationship to conscious and unconscious behaviors; harness their authentic leadership and its influence on leading and following; and become a champion for change in managing complex organizations.
- Engage in innovative training model to become a leader coach
- Enhance knowledge of organizational politics (e.g. leadership, authority, power, and competition)
- Explore co-creation and its impact on developing and sustaining innovation in organizations
- Maximize potential to release untapped resources in people and organizations
- Become an authentic leader to affect organizational change and transformation
- Design and implement a leadership project
- Develop a three-year career trajectory plan
- Participation in a program orientation meeting**
- Monthly group coaching
- NLN leadership webinar series
- Leadership assessments
- Individual executive coaching
- Attending an Intensive Executive Leadership Forum**
- Attending the NLN Education Summit **
**Participants are responsible for travel, lodging costs and Summit registration.
Director: Janice Brewington, PhD, RN, FAAN
Program Session: January 2021 - December 2021
Tuition: $4,000 – NLN Members; $4,500* – Non-members*
*Become a member today for instant savings on program tuition.
Application Cycle: March 2, 2020 - October 5, 2020
Application Link: Apply Here
Who Should Apply?
Experienced executive leaders in nursing education and practice organizations (e.g. deans/directors, nursing administrators) who have held their positions for six or more years and who want to re-energize to meet the challenges of changing complex internal and external environments.
Candidates will be selected based on level of achievement, organizational responsibility, and quality of application responses. A letter of support from a supervisor is required.
2021-executive-leadership-program - Sample application form