Preparing for the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE®cl) Examination
Before preparing for the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. The Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination was developed to measure competence in the scope of the academic clinical nurse educator practice role. It is recommended that in preparing for this examination, you begin by reviewing the following:
- The detailed test blueprint (page 8 of handbook) to identify the exam's content areas and determine which areas to focus your study.
- The test blueprint (page 7 of handbook) to understand how each content area is weighted and to review the percentage of questions that pertain to each area.
- The recommended reference list (page 16 of handbook) which provides references specific to each of the content areas. The recommended reference list is provided to serve as a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Sample questions, (pages 18-19 of the Candidate Handbook) are similar to those found on the examination, but do not represent the full range of content or levels of difficulty.
- Purchase the self-assessment exam »
Please make certain that you carefully review the Candidate Handbook
for complete information about the Certified Academic Clinical Nurse Educator examination.